Opportunity to Achieve the CREST Silver Award
The Centre of Excellence for Environmental Technologies is delivering a summer school at Bradford University aimed at helping students to capitalise on knowledge already gained from GCSE STEM subjects and progress into further study, with a CREST Silver Award under their belt.
The design of the programme is flexible between 5 July and 31 August. This is to allow students to work around any holidays they have planned.
The programme involves 6 half day sessions at the University, with additional enrichment activities.
Cost is £125 per pupil which covers everything.
Opportunity to volunteer for Police Camps
Bradford Collage is recruiting secondary school age students to volunteers for the Police Camps, providing hands-on experience working with regional employers. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside people from various professions with a common aim of engaging positively with young people from across the Bradford District. Students can develop their skills, knowledge, experience and have fun at the same time!
Volunteers will receive:
- 2 days training (will receive a certificate for this including a Basic Introduction to Youth Work qualification via Bradford Council)
- Certificate of participation for each week of camp worked
- A Reference
- Opportunities for further work experience with regional employers
- Access to further training from regional employers
- Skills building portfolio
- Access to careers guidance/ support from regional employers
Further information is available on:
Students can apply for the post via Bradford college’s website: